Sign in to follow this  
Guest mc.kar

Boeing background question

Guest mc.kar

Hi All 747-400 fansIs there anyone around this forum that knows how the CRS value are set in the 747-400. I guess when you have the ND in MAP or PLAN mode there arent any visible cues to the CRS settting. I have read in the real flightmanual that the CRS is set through the CDU. I havnt stumpeled upon the exact page where this is done so does anyone have a clue? Maybe the PS1 afficiandos has that clue?Best regardsMichael

In the default panel you need to use some hidden clickspots on the ND.You can set the frequencies and courses directly into the NAV RADIO page of the FMC, or on the radio panel by setting first the frequency, then changing the radio interface to OBS mode and setting the course.All this from the PSS 747 manual.

Guest thscholz

Wow! I never noticed that the 747-400 doesn't have a course selector knob on the MCP!As far as I've seen the course is entered with LSK 2L on the 'Nav Radio' page on the CDU.See PMDG's screenshot:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/112815.gifCheersThomas

Guest mc.kar

Very interesting ThomasI havent even thought of looking there but that must be the way. It is stated in the dash one for the real plane that CRS is set from the CDU but I couldnt find the page...but there it is.The reason is that I'm gearing up for building my own CDU and MCP. I'm off course aiming it at the PMDG 747-400 and suddenly I realised that the CRS couldnt be set from the MCP.Best regardsMichael