Sign in to follow this  

Regarding the joystick question, I can't believe so man

Regarding the joystick question, I can't believe so many must have a multi hundred dollar controller, I am a pro pilot and an avid sim pilot, have flown cubs to multi turboprops and I find a $15. joystick from Walmart works great.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Cool.I own a Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS and a set of CH rudder pedals, and it all works great for me.Two happy simmers...:-beerchug Regards,

I kind of like my Saitek X-45 joystick just for the amount of switches & two eight position hat switches. It keeps me away from the keyboard much longer!!

I guess i'm missing out with my $15. dollar 2 button joystick with a throttle control from Walmart. All I use the buttons for are nose up and nose down trim, the rest I use the keyboard.

I've got a MS Sidewinder 3D Pro. Not expensive & quite old. I want a yoke, but can't afford one.

That's the point I'm trying to make, I fly 6 days a week in a Caravan which has a yoke, Yokes stink, all airplanes should have sticks. Sticks work much better than a stink'in yoke.

It's all personal preference.I am sure many an Airbus pilot would love a yoke!Andy (YSCB)

Hey, my Logitech Wingman was a $15 stick which worked great... until it didn't work great anymore. :-)After less than one year, the inability of it to keep itself centered without any output spikes was totally ruining the game for me. So I purchased a CH Flightstick. It cost me money, but reports of users having them for years with nary a glitch are numerous. Plus, I still have a CH Gamepad which is going on 4 years and it still works like the very first day I bought it -- their track record is solid. There are no reports of folks having Wingmans for years. :-)Now, if you got a good stick for $15 and it keeps on working great... WONDERFUL! For me, those $15 lasted barely a year. When I buy a product and it fails to operate like it should within a year, I won't be buying that product (or a similar product) again. Once bitten, twice shy. I got what I paid for in this case.

May'be so, but I have roughly one thousand five hundred hours flying supercubs and another one thousand five hundred hours flying planes with yokes and I sure do think flying with a stick is a lot more natural. I wonder what Wilbur and Orville thought.