Sign in to follow this  
Guest rubberball

Please help

Guest rubberball

HelloI am very new to these forums so please dont shoot me if i have asked a question that has already been asked before...(i did a search with no luck so here goes)I have just purchased a new USB Yoke,Pro pedals and the awsome Throttle quadrant...cost me an arm and a leg but they are absolutely awsome!This is the nearest i may get to actually flying a plane..it now feels so real its cool!But i suppose you guys on here already knew that anyway....My problem is that when i fly my Fav aircraft PMDG 737NG the flaps and gear buttons i have assigned to my throttle quadrant work fine but all the other buttons dont and when i switch on my master autopilot switch i can hear it in the background (very low in sound) engaging and dis-engaging but the light on the glaresheild does not light up and all the other settings i have programmed into the TQ dont work These are :-alt hold/hdg hold/speed hold/auto throttle master switch/to-go/app hold and flight director (nothing to complicated)...They work fine in all stock aircraft like the 737-747-777 ect but not in the PMDG..?i fully understand that this may be a PMDG Fault and not to do with how i have set this thing up (i am new but i understand a bit after just reading these forums) so i dont think it is anything i have done but hey...what do i know?I use the cd which i got with my products which is control manager version 3.6.I have added them all in the control manager and calibrated them in there too.I have saved the setting and just open control manager and leave it in direct mode.i dont have any map thingys just yet because im new and dont know much about them yet..I have assigned all the buttons and axis in FS 2004.Like i said all the hardware works flawlessly but there is a problem when i load up the PMDG 737.I hope somone understands what i mean here and can help.If not i will keep reading the forums and try my self to sort it out.Kind Regards Paul

Guest Erups

Simply put: if it works with default aircraft it won't ever work with the NG.You have to look at the keyboard shortcuts (available in the PMDG configuration menu: PMDG -> GENERAL -> Keyboard Commands) and map your buttons following that layout.This way you will have your device working with the NG.For example the Autopilot CMD L button responds to "A"; the ias/mach increase to "ctrl+shift+v" and so on.

Guest rubberball

Hello ClaudioCan you please tell me in easy to understand/step by step instructions just how to do it...I have tried with no luck..Do you have ch manager running and have it in map mode?Have you got the Throttle quadrant and done a similar thing?Kind Regards Paul

Guest Buck Bolduc

I do not have the throttle quadrant, do have the yoke & pedels. I cannot use controll manager for some reason, wont work for me.What I did is set up in FS9 settings, uncheck autorudder box.After that I calibrated from Windows "Control Panel"/"Game controllers". Haven't had any problems since. You may want to adjust the null zone for the brakes so they dont apply accidently when you use the rudder function of the pedals? I had to do that.When you go to FS9 settings you will see your stuff at the top, you can assign keys from there if I'm remmembering right, it's ben a while, like a year.Best

Guest meyomyx

PaulReading your mail - forgive me if you say "of course I have" BUT are you downloading your assignments to your yoke?1) Assign buttons etc2) Save the file as summink or other3) You must then click the "download" button on the control manager. This "sends" the file you created to the yoke.4) Make sure you have clicked "Mapped Mode" to make that active (not direct mode)Hopefully this'll sort your problem out.Cheers

Guest rubberball

Cheers Buck for that info but all the other flight controls work fine..its just my auto pilot controls....i cannot belive for 1 minute that i am the only person using a CH throttle quadrant with FS2004 and who is assigning the 6 buttons on the front of it to control my auto pilot functions..i find it really hard to belive?Kind Regards Paul

Guest meyomyx

Ah okSome of the multiple key press combinations can be troublesome to program. Test out by changing an AP button assignment in the PMDG styles menu - use a single key press (making sure you don't duplicate). Program that key in control manager for a button. If that works, find new assignments for each.Sometimes, using the word "NULL" as the first word in the assignment in the control manager works (see CH manual).