Sign in to follow this  
Guest devo

TOD

Guest devo

I can not get the 737 to decend in time to make landing alt is always to high?

Guest hlm65

Are you using the FORECAST page in the DES page correclty ?Is your flight plan correctly configured in the FMC ? (that is: STAR if available, approach type if available)Do you have crossing restrictions in your f/p that could in some way affect the TOD point calculation ?Just some ideas...

Guest glenb

Two things that I found help.First if there are restrictions on the log page such as 190/4000A which means cross the fix at 190 knots at or above 4000 feet, remove the A and change to 190/4000.The other thing that causes the high speed descent is a high cost index. Try using much lower number. I tried 19 and the descents were smooth even with the altitude crossing restriction of at or above. The cost index can be changed in flight if (I think) you are more that 50 miles from the TOD.Hope this helps.

Hi :)After having a lot of problems myself with this initially, I came to realise that it wasn't descent winds this and that (though i do enter those courtesy ActiveSky), but more a matter of speed.So what I now do is select the arrival, make sure everything's set up in the FMC and then insert speeds (in the LEGS page) that i wanted to be at, at certain fixes (like within the TMA 210 knots, prior to turning final 180kts). With these set and the arrival and approach entered down to the runway, the FMC will adequately be able to estimate when to descend, and will have factored in time for you to slow down during the descent.It's no good having just 250kts below A100 (default) in the FMC, as unless it's programmed in your arrival, it will assume you want that right down to the runway.Hope that helps,Geoffrey Balean YSCBVirgin Blue Virtual - VOZ9211Student Controller (S3)http://www.voz.ozflight.com.au/images/pmdgforumsignature.png