Sign in to follow this  

Need someone to delete static planes from a scenery...

Guest saudi_777

Hi guys,I've downloaded a freeware scenery made with Airport For Windows, which represents Jeddah's King Abdulaziz Intl. Airport (OEJN), Saudi Arabia. The problem with the scenery is that the static aircraft & cars in the scenery fill the ramp so much that there's no place to park my plane on the ramp.I need someone to delete all the static aircraft & cars from the scenery and leave the rest of the scenery as it is. That's what I simply want... But I can't find anyone who can do this for me. If someone around here would be kind enough to do what I want, then I'll send you the scenery for you to make the modifications to it that I want. Just reply to this post indicating your e-mail address so I can send you the scenery. Any help would be very much appreciated.Thanks,Asim Daffa :-kewlVP, Fleet - Senior First Officerwww.sv-virtual.com

Guest gasebah

Hi Asim,I am not a scenery developer but my suggestion is:In the scenery's scenery folder look fr a file called static.bgl or dynamics.bgl, or aircraft.bgl and simply delete it. Make a backup of the whole scenery first. Rgds,Alex

Guest saudi_777

Hi Alex,The problem is that the scenery is just a big "makeup" update for the default OEJN airport and because of this all of the .bgl files are called "static" :D I thought about your same idea but when I opened the scenery's scenery folder I found that all of the files are called "static"... This is why I need someone to tinker with the BGL files and delete all the static aircraft & cars from the scenery. I just hope that I'll find someone :-hangBest Regards,Asim Daffa :-kewlVP, Fleet - Senior First Officerwww.sv-virtual.com

It will be impossible to "reverse engineer" that BGL file -- so the answer is that no one will be able to help in that regard.About the only thing you could do would be to use the exclude scenery approach, but this really only works well for rectangle "clumps" -- but it might get you a *little* more room. Search in the Scenery Design forum for excluding scenery to get the idea how to do it.Otherwise your only hope is the scenery author themselves -- they have the original files that were used to create the BGL and thus no reverse engineering is required on their part.