Sign in to follow this  
Guest vishg

NDB tuning, entering a decision altidude and height

Guest vishg

In the PMDG 737-800/900 tutorial (EDDH - EDDM) found in the manual which comes with the product, it mentions in the 4rth paragraph of the "Descent" phase :"Tune the NDB to 426.5 (MIQ)..." I don't know how to tune the NDB and I don't even know what an NDB is. Can you great guys plese help me tune the NDB and explain what it does.In the next paragraph (the 5th paragraph of the "Descent" phase) it says:"We will fly a CAT 1 approach with an AUTOLAND. Our Decision Altitude (DA) is 1649 ft and the Decision Height is 200 ft. Set these values on the EFIS (P-02) under MINS. Turn this knob to BARO and set the value to 1650 then switch the knob to RADIO and set the Decision Height of 200 ft..." I know where the BARO and RADIO settings under the MINS heading are located but I don't understand where to insert the values 1650 and 200. Can you please help me with this step as well.Thanx:)Vishal Gupta (Brussels, Belgium)

Guest DarkMind

Hi there :) To tune the NDB is really easy. Go to the Avionics and search for ADF. In the 737's are 2 ADF Frequences setable. I m sure you will find it without a picture. If you need a picture contact me.You will need the NDB to complete your approach successfully. NDB/ADf shows you the direction to the runway by a blue needle in the Navigation Display. More to ADF/NDB Approaches: http://stoenworks.com/Tutorials/IFR,%20NDB...Approaches.htmlI think you have to click on the BARO/Settings knob with the right button of your mouse to set the DA. But I'm not sure there :) If it won't work contact me again. To switch to the Radio mode click on MINS. Edit: I will add a picture of the radio panel to show you where the ADF /NDB Frequence settigs are placed.