Sign in to follow this  
Guest Larry Brown

Help with two problems

Guest Larry Brown

Hello,I have a couple problems going on here.I remembered from when I first installed the 737-600/700 nearly two years ago that I had to do something special when I format my computer. I could not remember what to do or where it told me what to do so I searched this forum. I found that I had to use the removal tool and that is what I did. Now, when I re-installed the airplane I found what I had originally read and I realized that I never performed the transfer registration as indicated in the install notes. Is there anything that we can do so that I don't have to re-purchase the airplane?Here is the second part of the problem. After installing the PMDG airplane when I launch FS9 I get the following error:"Flight Simulator has detected potentially incompatible aircraft or software. File: PMDGOptions.DLL Do you want to load this software? Click No to disable this software."I click yes to load the DLL. Then when I select the PMDG 737 I get a beep when I click OK. When I click OK again it beeps and displays the PMDG notice that the airplane has a temporary registration. When I close that box FS9 freezes. There are two PMDG processes that are not responding at that time. Any help here would also be appreciated.Thanks in advance,Larry Brown

Guest Knikolaes

Uhm . . .transfer of registration? Strange, when i bought mine I ended up with an installer that I could back up for myself that works fine without any reregistering.The guages issue doesnt sound like registration. I had that issue before. You need to make sure that you did NOT -- I say again -- did NOT install ANY version of FSUIPC prior tyo installing the NG.If you did, use the removal tool and delete the NG, then DELETE the FSUIPC module AND all files associated with it.After doing this, THEN reinstall the NG. It will install the proper FSUIPC registry needed for the guages and it's own version of FSUIPC. LAST step is to then place the newest version of the FSUIPC.dll module into the modules folder, making your FSUIPC up to date. DO NOT replace the registration of config files with FSUIPC. ONLY the module. This will fix your issue.Chris

Guest Larry Brown

Thanks for your help :-)Larry

Guest Knikolaes

Aha. I take it that worked then? Awesome. **smiles**