Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raymond

"737" is great....But how do you fly it?

Guest Raymond

Many of you have praised PMDG' efforts but I have been trying to fly the aircraft according to the manuals for two months..No manual is the same as my aircraft's FMC...as an example: When I started on page 14 Preflight initialization process I ran into a number of problems. 1. Ident page OP PROGRAM 549849-011 INSTEAD OF PMDG NG AND NO SU2. (U10.4) IS THERE. 2. Page 8-17 Programming the route of the flight. ABOVE REVERSE I HAVE DATA LINK NO COMM 3. Upon completion of info on 8-18 (Incidentally I used your KIAD to KJFK too) I returned to RTE page 1 and on my screen . I then clicked the n1 button on the FMC and follow your instructions on page 22. WHEN I COMPLETED TAKEOFF REF INSTEAD OF PREFLIGHT COMPLETE MINE IS NO STATUS NO ROUTE. I assumed my preflight was not complete as when I went to Departure page I had no Sids except PRYME2. And on the arrival page I had no BIGGIE and no ILS prefix before my runways. So there you are. It is an excellent example of the last two months. I realize I am not sophisticated in the world of FMC however I can read and follow instructions. Something is wrong.

Guest manstein01

Raymond,Just to make sure..... When you programme your route, and you have entered the last waypoit, than activate should be on the screen. Press the Line Select Key next to activate. When you pushed this LSK than a green LED should start burning. This is the Execute knob. Press this knob, and then you should have Perf Int as an option.I hope this helps.Remco van Ingen

Guest glenb

Raymond,Believe me I do understand your frustration