Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhilC

FSD Cheyenne - How to Land this Beauty Please??"

Hi there,I have the Cheyenne and I think I am mastering quite well the startup, taxying, takeoff and flying it around all manually. However I am still very far away from making a greaser landing with this beauty. I am either too fast or too slow that I just stall and slam it in the ground.Could someone out there please post his actual procedure including speeds, throttle settings, flaps and gear deployment for landing the Cheyenne as all the fun I get out of it suddenly disappears when I come for the landing phase of a flight.Also does the APPR function of the autopilot work correctly? The reason being that whenever I tried to use it the aircraft descends far too fast on the glideslope and it takes quite some playing to intercept the localiser. Any help on this or is it something to be patched up later on.Awaiting help from anyone.Regards,Emann.

Guest KenG

I cannot quote numbers, but I can give general advice. The Cheyenne is easy to lose control of. You must stay ahead of the power curve. Don't let the power get too low or you will not be able to recover in time while landing. Just practice approaches trying different power settings and see what speed they give you on an approach while in the landing configuration. If the speed starts to drop, add thrust early. It takes a while for those turboprops to generate enough thrust to get you back on top of the power curve. Stay above the blue line and don't cut power until you are in the flare. That's how I do it. It took a while to figure it out, but I haven't pranged it in a while.BTW, I haven't used the APPR button as I'm not a big fan of MSFS's autopilot. I try to maintain manual control when on approach.

Guest PhilC

It took me awhile to land this baby properly during the testing phase since I had no experience with turbo props. One thing that helped me was not to try and 'float' the Cheyenne in as I would most single prop GA planes. I have to land with some speed and then press F2 repeatedly for reverse thrust to slow her down once on the runway.Ken is absolutely correct in saying that you need to stay on top of the curve and make throttle adjustments early... and don't over react.Keep trying. Once you get it, it becomes pretty easy... and very rewarding.