Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ruahrc

PMDG 747 VC Request

Guest Ruahrc

I just got the PMDG 737 series and it is great. I only have noticed one thing which I would have changed. We are offered 3 alternatives for models, depending on our system performance. 2D only, VC only, and VC+VCab.The 2D only is just a 2D panel with 2D sideviews. In the VC view mode it also includes wingviews but no VC or VCab.VC only has the 2D panel with VC sideviews. In VC view mode it has a VC but no VCab and no wingviews.VC+VCab has the 2D panel with VC sideviews. In VC view mode it has the VC and the VCab, and does contain wingviews.(by wingviews I mean the wing is visible in VC mode so ActiveCamera users can set up wingviews)Now, while I think the VCab is cool, I find it kind of a novelty, and only use it every now and then. Wingviews, however, I use very often. I do not like the small performance hit I see with using the VC+VCab model, when I only look in the cabin a few times per flight. If I try to solve the performance problem and keep the VC by using the VC only model, I lose my wingviews. So I have to go to the 2D model which has 2D sideviews. Not that huge a deal but I prefer the VC sideviews if I can get them.So... finally onto my request. In the PMDG 747, would it be possible to include in the VC-only view the wings of the aircraft? That way people could still use the VC, and still be able to get wingviews, without the performance penalty of having the VCab in there too. Otherwise the alternative (assuming the 747 works the same as the 737) is the 2D only view, where we lose out on the great VC you guys have created.What do you guys think? Is this aspect of the 737NG an issue with people other than myself?Ruahrc

not sure how that could be accomplished without just using a painted window texture, or reduce the model to only show the window and a small bit around it to get a wingview.

Guest Ruahrc

I don't include the window frames in my wingviews. If you know the model of the POSKY crj-200 it is exactly what I am talking about. A VC and just the wings. Basically I'm just looking for the wings of the aircraft only, no window frames, seats, or other parts of the virtual cabin (except for the cockpit of course!)Ruahrc