Sign in to follow this  
Guest AJ

How will engine selection work?

Guest AJ

Beta testers, I am curious about how engine selection will work with the Queen. Is this done from within the FS2004 aircraft selection menu where you choose the livery and VC options? Or will it be done in a separate configuration aplet you run before starting FS2004? Also, will engine selection be locked to particular liveries once it is created? I.e. when a livery is painted, does the artist have to custom design the paint job for a particular engine type, or will all engines work with all liveries automatically? Andrew

Guest Robin.B

Talking in general here, but I'm 100% sure that this is the case with PMDG;There are 3 different models for each engine variant. Whichever engine variant that particular livery uses, you paint it according to that variant and then tell the Aircraft.cfg to use that model...To select different engine variants, you will simply select the paint you want to use from the aircraft selection menu, and the correct engine will be already assigned for it :)I hope I have made myself clear enough :)