Sign in to follow this  
Guest aerohund

737-700 Sound Problem

Guest aerohund

I've been running the 737 for a week or so now and have had almost no problems with it... except for one.When I'm just about on final and I'm in the middle of extending flaps and gear all sounds go silent - engines, wind, everything.So far it has happend twice and I am unsure of what is causing it.I can do touch-and-go's while cycling the gear over and over again with no problems, but after a longer FMC controlled flight things go quiet at the end.I did recently put a check mark in the box saying something about "callout sounds in the vc", but I'm not certain that is the cause either.Has anyone else experienced this?Thanks.

Guest Philip Olson

Well this is kind of an odd problem but I'll put in my guesses and maybe it will help you. I have two ideas, hopefully one of them will help you. There is a chance that updating your sound card driver will help, there may be a sound that the current drivers do not like and it is choking on it. If you need help in finding a new driver let me know. My other thought is that you may be running out of memory on a longer flight, this is doubtful because this is not the sort of problem that normally occurs in such a circumstance. What kind of system do you have? How much memory, processor speed, video card and sound card is what I need to know. Also do you run any add on scenery and what processes do you run in the back ground (anti-virus, etc.) I am rather tired right now and my mind isn't really working yet but those are the ideas I came up with right away. If I can be of any help please let me know.Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg