Sign in to follow this  
shortspecialbus

An Alternate Active Camera Config

Hey, I went through the trouble of making an Active Camera file for the 747 before I noticed that PMDG had graciously provided their own ;);)Mine is quite a bit different - and I feel obligated to explain that the numbering sequence of the views really makes no sense. The reasoning behind that is because at one point a while ago I configured the buttons on my yoke to conform to various views on a particular aircraft's ACV file. I just kept them as that and modify my active camera view settings to conform with the keypresses my buttons are making.That being said, here's my "setup." I have a CH Flight Yoke, and almost all the buttons on the yoke part are for different views.Button 0 (Left "trigger" button) Press: Ctrl+0 - MCP viewButton 0 Release: Ctrl+1: Captain's normal view (I use this for normal flight)Button 1 (Right trigger button): Ctrl+4 - Left FMC/Lower EICAS/Right FMC (Left FMC is the active one, I use the EICAS controls on the right FMC to change the display on the EICAS)Button 2 (Right side yoke "left toggle" thumb button, below hat) Press: Ctrl+5 - Look about 90 degrees leftButton 2 Release: Ctrl+7 - Look about 45 degrees leftButton 3 (Right side of yoke, right "toggle") Press: Ctrl+6 - Look about 90 degrees rightButton 3 Release: Ctrl+9 - Look about 45 degrees rightButton 8 (Left side of yoke, upper red button) Ctrl+8 - Overhead view. Shows all of itButton 9 (Left side of yoke, lower red button) Press: Ctrl+2 - Radio ViewButton 9 Release: Ctrl+3 - Throttle viewThe left yoke toggle I use for trim, and the buttons on the base are gear up/down and flap controls. I'm not gonna get into what the numerous buttons on the Throttle Quadrant do, hehe.At any rate, the file for this is at http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~stefan/fsac/pmdg747.acvIt takes some getting used to, but I like the setup - it allows me to do pretty much everything view-related easily in the VC. Holding the buttons down becomes pretty intuitive quickly and works well since the only ones you ever hold and need to click at the same time are the MCP one (doesn't take that long to change your altitude setting) and the radio one (again, doesn't take long to flip the passenger signs or change freqs)Feel free to tell me it sucks!!-stefanedit: s/left/right