Sign in to follow this  
Guest sergio1978

cant upgrade my 737 600/800 from 1.2 to 1.3vresions

Guest sergio1978

hi ,simmers!!! i've had old version of 600/700 which i downloaded when it was first released,but recently i bought new P.C which has lots of ram and good video card,so i decided to expand and downloaded service update to upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3 but here's the problem starts when i run the update an error message appears saying PMDGmain.gau is not a valid previous version and could not be upgraded! Can anyone help please?

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,It's been a very long time since I installed my PMDG 737's, and I'm not sure if I got the same error message as you are, but I can give you one suggestion.The installer does not overwrite your current 'fsuipc.dll' file(at least not if the one you have is a newer version), but the installer only works properly if there's an old version of fsuipc installed! So, the trick is to back up your current fsuipc.dll file by renaming to to something like 'fsuipc.dll.bak'. Then run the installer and it will install the old version of the fsuipc.dll file that the installer itself works with! Then when you are finished installing go and delete that old version and rename your fsuipc.dll.bak to fsuipc.dll.Again, I don't remeber the error message I was getting but I know I had to do the above at some point. I can't remember if was to install the PMDG 737 base package, or to run the update or what it was. So the fix I gave you might not exactly be for the problem you're having and therefore might not work. Then again, it might be. You are welcome to try it though and it shouldn't hurt to try it.Let me know if it works! :)Cheers,Jimmy Richards