Sign in to follow this  

Reality XP-- Adding To A Panel (help)

Hello, all. I've been away from the FS world for quite some time and recently felt the urge to get back into it. Of course, even prior to buying FS2002, I typed in AVSIM into my browser... :)Anyway, I purchased the RealityXP avionics package last night-- as well as the FSD Cheyenne. However, I can not add the GPS to the Cheyenne using the EZConfig (Nor to the Falcon 50)--These are the only addon aircraft I have. It installed perfectly on the default panels.All I get are black windows were the instruments should be.I just can't figure this out...any ideas? Thanks!!:)

For the Cheyenne, its relatively easy. You do have to do some manual editing, but when you open the panel .cfg look for "GPS Window" at the top and note which window number it is, scroll down and find that window number and paste this code into itbaCKGROUND_COLOR=2,2,2size_mm=331,104window_size_ratio=1position=2visible=0ident=GPS_PANELgauge00=RealityXP_FlightLine!GPS_GL50,0,0,331Hope this helps some, I usually don't use the ezconfig, since I find it more controlled to do it myself. Hopefully this will help on the Cheyenne.Scott

ahhh.Thanks, Scott!I was avoiding doing it manually...lazy. :)However, I did think that it may have been a symptom of a larger problem. Thanks, again! :)

Guest UweR

Hi, the EZConfig works well with the Cheyenne, but you may not use the loadout utility after you have added the RealityXP stack (you can use it of course if you restore the panel.cfg afterwards). The Cheyenne

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Shane,the FSD aircrafts color configuration could also lead to a black window under certain cases. Make sure to modify the panel.cfg file with this too:Day=255,255,255Night=120,120,120Luminous=120,120,120Hope it helps!

Guest TimD

This will be simplified with the Load Manager in the upcoming Service Release. All of that user-configurable data will be found in one file called Loadout.cfg. Also, the floodlighting illumination will make use of the night and luminous entries in the Panel.cfg file, so altering this section will also be unnecessary. [link:www.fsheartland.net]http://www.fsheartland.net/images/Heartland_sig.gif

Thanks for the help, guys. :)Anyway, after refreshing my memory a little on fooling with the .cfg files, I had a look at the panel .cfg for both the falcon and cheyenne.The problem was that the EZConfig was NOT editing the .cfg files. It was adding what I think you call the "header":Window01=xxxwindow02=xxxxxxwindow08=Reality GPS ministack(something like that)and so on...It was not adding the information that should have been found under the respective window (ie. the entries Scott posted). So, that was the reason for the black boxes.But, I just copied and pasted the info from one of the default panels and that worked. Still need to do some tweeking with position and sizes etc. but, I just did a part of a flight in the Falcon and it worked well (with some weird "things" I need to look into).Anyway, thanks! :)