Sign in to follow this  
Guest fullflapsplease

Calculating trim more accurately?

Guest fullflapsplease

Hi, well, is there anyway of doing this.The reason I ask is the FMC seems to always spit out a stab. trim of 6.0 units regardless of weight.My G/W the other day was 389,000 Kg's and again the trim setting was advised at 6.0, on rotation she really struggled.I flew yesterday at around the same weight and increased the trim to 6.8 units, it worked a treat!So, can the trim be more accurately, manually calculated?Thanks.Mark.747400.jpg

Guest gremel

Good question...I recently noticed in the 'real' 737NG-700 simulator with a GTOW of 127,500 lbs that the "calculated trim setting" per the FMC was 7.37 degrees of trim. I haven't had any trim settings even close to this amount. It must be a limitation of Microsoft FS9..Regards,noullet

Guest gremel

Sorry about that....You must be talking about the 747...Just converted your kg reading and it was approx 855,000 lbs & way out of the 737NG's GTOW's..Regards again,noullet

Guest fullflapsplease

Sorry, yes, I am talking about the 744.Mark.P.S I wouldn't have thought it were a FS limitation as it works.Even a crude table would help to determine it.747400.jpg

Guest lou ross

I've gotten 5 units, 6 units and in between , but don't remember the loading. BTW, gross weight is not primary in CG, it's loading forward and aft. Load a lot of cargo forward, then next flight in the rear- you should see a difference.louross.