Sign in to follow this  
Guest crasher

Fs9 loading error

Guest crasher

Hi, I have uninstalled my PMDG 747-400. When I try to run FS9 I get a notice which says: Aircraft initialization failure PMDG-747-400 GEcf6 Engines. Is there someone out there who coul;d advise me how to overcome this problem? I have tried clearing out every file I can find appertaining to the aircraft in question. Your help appreciated.

Possibly you saved your default flight with the PMDG 747, and now that you uninstalled it, FS9 can't find it? In that case, go into fs9.cfg, where it says SITUATION=blahblah, just delete everything after = sign. Should get you solved. Or just delete fs9.cfg and let FS9 recreate it.Enjoy.

Guest crasher

Thanks Word Not Allowed, I tried that but the config file just contained another a/c,a gulfstream. Don't know how that occurred. In the end I uninstalled everything cleaned out all the fs9 files and reinstalled. I still got a message that the program couldn't find what it wanted,however it did load so I am at least up and running. When I looked for the config file in the new install it wasn't there. I will just have to try and sort it out somehow! Thanks for your reply and help it is always good to know that there are people around always ready to aid a stricken pilot. Alan

You have to edit a FS9.CFG file! This one is not uninstalled even if you uninstall whole FS9.It is located in C:Documents And SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFS9There you'll find it. Inside do what I said above.

Guest crasher

Hello Word Not Allowed, Oh1That config file! Seriously thanks I have at least learned something. Alan