Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anthony_D

737-600 CTD - TCAS2v7.dll problem

Guest Anthony_D

Evening all,I recently had a crash to desktop on approach into Hamburg airport with the 737-600.The microsoft error report revealed that the TCAS2v7.dll was the culprit of the crash. I've looked at this file (in main fs9 directory) and have seen that its version is 1.1.6.0Recently I purchased the level-D 767 with SP2.1. Looking at forum postings it seems that this updated TCAS2v7.dll. It seems that two commercial add-ons are sharing (and modifying) common files with each other.My question is: how can I stop this problem from happening again? I haven't as yet seen the Level-D crash to desktop despite flying near a few aircraft on approach.The contents of TCAS2v7.ini are shown below.[Filtering]Range=100Altitude=100Speed=30[smoothing]Enabled=1MaxCoast=20Alpha=0.4[Logging]Enabled=0Any Suggestions?Anthony Dyer

Guest Anthony_D

As an update to the above, I have tried some experiments around Seattle KSEA.First I tried flying towards various ai aircraft to try and get resolution advisories. No problem here.When coming into land however, I got another crash to desktop. This time there were no other aircraft around. However I got a GPWS callout at "1000" one second before it crashed. I think that it was when the TCAS mode changes from "TA/RA" to "TA only".The first time it happened yesterday was when I was about the same height above the ground. I thought it was due to other aircraft triggering the TCAS but I am thinking that its due to a TCAS mode change.My Level-D 767 flying seems to be unaffected by this problem, yet I believe it uses the same module as the PMDG737.Again, any explanations and workarounds would be handy.I'll continue experimenting tomorrow.Anthony Dyer