Sign in to follow this  
Dark Moment

Tom Schaad - Where Are You?

Guest Heather 636

Does anyone know the email address for Tom Schaad?I am trying to get in touch with him regarding permission for release of files regarding his Grumman Duck.Last known, but now defunct, email addy was:tschaad@infinet.comThis isn't working.Any help will be greatly appreciated.Thank youHeather

Guest Heather 636

Good point Mark. I had thought of that but wanted to give the forum a try first. Looks like that is my only recourse.I'll give him a try after I finish the Duck. Want to do a bit more "polishing" first before calling it complete.If no luck there, I wonder what the legal/moral policies are when you CAN'T find the original authors??After some requests for my repaint, it would be a shame not to be able to upload it.Cheers!Heather

My view - which may or may not be a correct one - is go ahead, with all proper credits. If anything, it will refocus attention on their own work, and I can't see that if it is properly put together, any man would complain about your repaint of a rather elusive amphibian with a peculiar quack.We'll all vouch for the fact that you tried to find Tom (and patiently) and there's proof in this forum!By the way ... I did that original pink scheme pretty quickly. You might want to tidy up the panel join lines with proper riveting or whatever before you upload - just my view, as it looks a little FS98ish without. Sadly we can't give her real reflections without a model remake, but a sheen or two on the cowling would be nice too.There's a wonderful picture or two of real Duckies about, as you know. Good luck; go ferrit, gal!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg