Sign in to follow this  
Guest yawdamper

Post SP Problems

Guest yawdamper

Hi!A few strange things still astonish me that they haven't got fixed:-When turning off the A/T switch, I always get the EICAS caution that it has been turned off together with the aural - even if no A/T mode was previously selected!!-When pressing an engeaged AP's CMD button it will turn off - this is completely unrealistic!!-THe MCP is very slow when selecting new modes - the assosicated light should illuminate immediately or at least the button should be animated. No feedback to the user is present...Adrian

Guest Just747-400

Hi Adrian,-When turning off the A/T switch, I always get the EICAS caution that it has been turned off together with the aural - even if no A/T mode was previously selected!!That

Guest yawdamper

That?s correct. The problem is that the massage should not go away; it can be canceled only with the push of the master reset.Actually, you should not receive an aural warning if no A/T mode was active. So if you move the switch to OFF with the A/T in "neutral", no warning should come - as the A/T wasn't connected.So will we see an update?Adrian

Guest Just747-400

Adrian,There is no A/T in

Guest yawdamper

Ok first of all I'm not rated on the 744 yet. And personally I'm bidding for the A340 ;-)Anyway, from what I remember if the switch was simply turned on, but no A/T mode was active (so the FMA doesn't have anything written on it on the left hand side), then the A/T is only armed but not active. Therefore I don't think an aural should sound when you move the switch to OFF.Its a bit different on the 737 ("my" jet) where you will always get the blinking lights when the A/T switch is moved to off.