Sign in to follow this  
Guest alexhn

changing control axis

Guest alexhn

I have dug up an old set of pedals which can be connected via USB; however, they are programmed as the Y axis, which would not control my rudder (i think rudder is the Z axis). I cannot just change the assignments in the flight sim menu because my joystick (which i want to use in conjunction with the pedals) already uses the Y axis for roll. Is there anyway to change the axis of a controller?thanks in advance

Guest Buck Bolduc

>I have dug up an old set of pedals which can be connected via>USB; however, they are programmed as the Y axis, which would>not control my rudder (i think rudder is the Z axis). I cannot>just change the assignments in the flight sim menu because my>joystick (which i want to use in conjunction with the pedals)>already uses the Y axis for roll. >>Is there anyway to change the axis of a controller?>>thanks in advanceIf they are C&H pedels your best bet is to download the C&H Control Manager ver. 4.0. It has a much better configuration setup.It seems different control devices can use x/y with no problems.For example both the yoke and quadthrottls use x/y axis, as do my pedels.Best

Guest alexhn

Nah don't have CH - they are just like some other thrustmaster-type brand.

Guest Buck Bolduc

>Nah don't have CH - they are just like some other>thrustmaster-type brand.Should still work as long as there USB.I used to calibrate my pedels from MS Control Panel/Game Controllers, worked fine for me.Luck

Guest alexhn

The thing is i want to change it to the Z axis so it can control rudder only - Y and X axis are taken by elevator and aileron movement. I want to change the pedals to the Z axis, and i can't do it in the Control panel

Guest Buck Bolduc

>The thing is i want to change it to the Z axis so it can>control rudder only - Y and X axis are taken by elevator and>aileron movement. I want to change the pedals to the Z axis,>and i can't do it in the Control panel>Go into settings MS FS9. Look in Assignments. Make sure the drop down menu at the top lists your pedels, make assighnments from there. You may have to adjust sensitivities/nullzones etc from the Sensitivity applet.You can assign just about any function to any device.Be carefull when you switch tabs, it usually switches the device by itself, so check above after switching. Sometimes FS9 checks the revere checkbox on it's own. Watch out for that.Good Luck

Guest Buck Bolduc

Alex.Just remembered.When I got the QuadThrottles I assigned it's X axis to the spoiler lever. Unnoticed by me, MS had the same axis assigned to the rudder axis.So when i fired up the simm the rudder would be to one side or the other. Pushing the rudder pedels would correct it and you could take off allright. When you got the drag required message from the FMC and moved the spoiler lever violla, you made a hard right or left turn. After deleting the ruder axis assignment for the QT everything was normal.