Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcomm

Autoland logic in PMDG...

Guest jcomm

Contrarily to what I have writen on a thread down this message board I have made several tests with the 1.10 version of QOS and indeed it takes the autoland logic (including engine-out scenarios) in an impecable way. It's perfect, and it only fails when the aircraft touches the rw and is subject to MSFS's internal sh*** regarding sideways friction scalars in SIM1.DLL.A few months ago I (I believe, most of us...) played around with hexa editing of that file, and while we can get acceptable results with rolling friction, sideways friction modifications tend to cause CTDs.I am really (although being an unconditional PS1 supporter and user...) very well impressed with this and many other details of the 744QOS, and as a result will quit making comparisons with the other sim and instead contribute to get the best ever in MSFS history even better!

Thanks J.C. !The truth is I had a hard decision to make : either "bang" the aircraft at -350 on the runway in an effort to "load" the main wheels and avoid being blown too much sideways due to inadequate physics in the base sim, or flare and aim for -99 target (as per real) and get a slight drift.In v1.0 I opted for the first solution. In v1.1 I said "what the heck" you cannot have 15 cross wind all the time and opted for the second since the market also seemed to like it more (plus I know that the ground steering controller will hold centreline regardless). Note that for a real world system I would have still gone for option number 1 (safety).You may be interested to know that the mathematics that drive your aileron control algorithm are also driving (in a much much more sophisticated form) your injector needles if you happen to own a diesel engined car by a specific manufacturer :)Best,Vangelis===================================== E. M. Vaos Precision Manuals Development Group www.precisionmanuals.com=====================================

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================