Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

View Places @ KJFK..

Hi i want to know if someone can tell me places @ JFK intl to take pictures...please tell me were some good spots are....thanks....

Your best bet might be the new international terminal, but be forewarned that security is very tight--especially if you are there taking pictures. You are not allowed to loiter under any circumstances. Ironically, the best view I ever had of JFK was through the observation telescopes on top of the WTC back in '99. There was a strong wind that day, and visibilities were at their max, and the late afternoon sun was behind me.My first flight overseas was out of the old international terminal at JFK in '77, and I always loved the international gateway flavor of the place. I spent a month there in '99 doing a LAN install and training session at one of the airport hotels. Had a room which faced 13L, and often enjoyed watching the heavies come in in the evening...-John

you mean terminal 4 or 1 terminal 4 is great but you can only get aer lingus close ups...one question can we go to delta terminal in the roof parking...thanks...

I'd say parking lots are off limits.... You're quite likely to be detained and questioned. You really need to weigh your wish to photograph aircraft and/or the airport surroundings against what you're willing to go through in the way of security scrutiny. JFK is perhaps the most scrutinized airport in the world right now, although National is a close second. Having recently flown on business (my first post 9/11 flight), I'd say that most airports have become "flyers only" places...., and will be for sometime to come...