Sign in to follow this  
Guest asu

744 Save and Load Panel State / SID indication on ND

Guest asu

Dear Developers,First of all congratulations on your 744. Well done!I encountered two issues which I want to report to you. It would be much appreciated to get some information from you how to solve it.To preclude any influence by other software I set up a completely new system (WinXP pro, SP2). Then I installed ONLY MSFS 9 and the update to Version 9.1. Then the PMDG 744 Version 1.02 and the update to Version 1.1.First issue:I entered the cold and dark cockpit and began to prepare the cockpit. Just before the final preparation I saved the situation as described in your manual, page 14. After a while I returned to the flightdeck and wanted to reload this situation. Unfortunately there were some switches (e.g. External power, Logo, ...) no longer in the same position like before. I also encountered some differences on the PFD and the upper EICAS between now and before.When YOU get back to the flightdeck and you realise that something is different than before, what would you do to be sure your airplane is correctly prepared for a flight? Right, you have to check all switches and systems like you've already done before. In my opinion this behaviour is very annoying since it makes it impossible to restart the sim at a secured status, and this is important if you want to do some serious training patterns.Second issue:If you enter a SID from a certain runway you will notice on the ND (Map-Mode) that the SID is indicated from the beginning of the runway and not from the end. (e.g. position your airplane at KSEA 34L, then enter the route and the runway in the FMC (RTE page) and also on the DEP/ARR page select your SID KMORE1). The SID now starts right in front of your cockpit although you will probably lift off only after 80% of the runway length. The information on the ND is not correct this way.Thank you for your effort to improve it.Urs