Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sabadin

Question about my ATI Radeon 8500LE 128!!!

I recently bought the video card yesterday and i was wondering how do you get the anti-alising featuure, "SmoothVison" to work in FS? In the display proberites i have it set at 16x and to quality. The buildings in FS look jagged, and they dont look smooth. I have all my hardware and display properties set to max and checked. Other then that the video card is great, compared that of to my old GF MX420! My system"Win XPAMD Atholon 900MHZMSI k7T Turbo MainBoard640MB SDRAMMaxtor 40GIG HD 7200RPMATI REDEON 8500LE 128MB DDR Ram w/TV OUT Video Card(AGP)Samtron 75V 17in. Monitor(Plug and Play)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

16x!? you sure about that? mine only lets me go to 6x. Anyway, make sure you have the new Catalyst drivers installed before you do anything. Then go to the advanced display properties and select the Direct3d tab. Then under main settings check the custom settings box. Now make sure the Application preference box for Smoothvision is unchecked and set it to whatever value you want (I tend to stick with 2x Quality for best perfromance). Hope this helps and enjoy the new card :)

Sabadin, I noticed you set your radeon for 2x quality. When I use that setting, I get blurring of the regular 2D cockpit gauges, although virtual cockpit is OK. So I shut off AA. How do you avoid the gauge blurring. I got this with the last 2 ATI drivers and also the Omega Plutonium drivers. Would love to have AA quality. Thanks.Richard Ball

Actually I dont get around it. But it doesnt effect 2D digital gauges or 3D views. Since I mainly fly from the VC except for the jets it hardly plays a major factor to me.