Sign in to follow this  
mvwissen

To Robert (regarding the CTD's)

Dear Robert,Unfortunately, I am experiencing the CTD problem aswell, since updating to Version 1.1. I have followed the forum for quite a while now and I was wondering, if PMDG is still investigating the CTD matter, although it obviously affects only the minority according to an initial statement from your side. From what I understand, PMDG is not necessarily focusing on the 747 package itself but maybe a combination of all add on's and the 747 package. But, after reading this statement from you ...'In ALL CIRCUMSTANCES we have found that users have an unending stream of junk installed with FS- and that this triggers CTDs when using higher hend simulations that tax the capabilities of their system and/or MSFS. If you have taken the time to read through the suggestions we make- and you feel that they will not work- then we are unable to assist you.'... I am not sure anymore, if PMDG is still working on the CTD problem. Or maybe, I just understood it the wrong way. Well, I must admit, I also have installed quite a lot of add on's but they are all genuine products and mostly scenery products besides the most important stuff (such as FSBuild, ActiveSky, FSUIPC, ...). I don't know, if I should go into details right now.I have read your post about removing and reinstalling the 747 and I have followed your instructions exactly. No success however. The CTD's still occur. I have also discovered that when I start the 747 cold and dark (via the provided 'PMDG 747-400 Cold and Dark KPAE.sav' file), the 747 works fine. Until I press the battery button. The screen turns black and after a short while, FS2004 crashes.I haven't done any indepth research yet (and I don't even know, if I am able to do that for such a complex piece of software) but I would be willing to help.But most of all, I would like to know, if PMDG is still working on this issue.Thanks for letting me know.Regards,Mark

Mark van Wissen