Sign in to follow this  
Guest ironbark1

Flightplans

Guest ironbark1

G'dayLooking for Flightplans for PMDG 747Can they be created in FS Navigator and loaded into the FMC and if so how is it done?Can FS 2004 flight planner plans be loaded into the FMC?and can u then have an ATC controlled flight?Looking for mainly Qantas 747 FlightplansSearched the forum but unable to find anyThanksLindsay

Guest Ohio330

>G'day>Looking for Flightplans for PMDG 747>Can they be created in FS Navigator and loaded into the FMC>and if so how is it done? I dont own FS Nav, but they tout it can work with PMDG. Look for "export" files somewhere in FS Nav. make a plan in FS nav..save it, then export to the PMDG format (*.rte file)Im at work so i cant tell you which folder to place the newly made RTE file. Once you get the file (lets name it KCLEKTPA001.RTE for example) into the correct directory. In the FMC where it asks you to enter the company route, enter "KCLEKTPA001" (without entering the .rte extension, it will then load and populate the legs section. Im still learning the FMC myself, but i believe once you load the flight plan in it will need to be activated within the FMC>Can FS 2004 flight planner plans be loaded into the FMC?No, MSFS flight plans are a different format and not compatible. (MSFS flight plan files have the extension *.PLN)>and can u then have an ATC controlled flight?Dunno about this one>Looking for mainly Qantas 747 Flightplans>Searched the forum but unable to find anydid a google search mayself for swaping .rte files as well. No luck yet in finding anything Above answers are answered with the knowledge of the 737-600/700 package that I own. Im assuming the FMC is the same in the 747..but not sure.>Thanks>Lindsay

Guest Vagabond78

Hi Lindsay,You can export your flight plans to the .rte format using the 737NG export module found on the FS Navigator website located at http://www.fsnavigator.com on the downloads page.If you have used the default installation folders the .rte files must go in the Flight Simulator 9/PMDG/Flightplans folder. Then you can do as Ohio330 said and load the flight plan into the FMC.When I want to do an ATC controlled flight I also export my FS Navigator flight plan as an FS9 .pln file and then load that flight plan in flight simulator before I load the .rte flight plan into the FMC.Hope this helps if you have any more questions just ask.

Guest Ohio330

>Hi Lindsay,>>You can export your flight plans to the .rte format using the>737NG export module found on the FS Navigator website located>at http://www.fsnavigator.com on the downloads page.>>If you have used the default installation folders the .rte>files must go in the Flight Simulator 9/PMDG/Flightplans>folder. Then you can do as Ohio330 said and load the flight>plan into the FMC.>>When I want to do an ATC controlled flight I also export my FS>Navigator flight plan as an FS9 .pln file and then load that>flight plan in flight simulator before I load the .rte flight>plan into the FMC. Ya, good point. What he's telling you Lindsay is that the only useful point of the MSFS flight plan after running PDMG is that, although PMDG isnt loading the plan into the FMC, it IS still loading into the game. Why would you want to do that? Like he stated.. the AI ATC will only know where you going by the filed MSFS plan, and would be in sync with where your FMC is routing. If you dont care about AI ATC disregard the step about loading the MSFS plan>>Hope this helps if you have any more questions just ask.

Guest ironbark1

Thanks for your helpLindsay