Sign in to follow this  
Guest JTH

B-1900D navigation question

Guest JTH

Hi everyone, I was flying the B-1900D today and was wondering what, in real life, is the primary imstrument of navigation for this plane - traditional VOR or GPS? VOR to VOR is straightforward, that's what I fly in my Cessna 172, but how would one program the GPS in this plane if one wished to fly via GPS in real life?In the sim, once you go into flight planner and create your flight, all your waypoints, route etc is pre-loaded into your GPS. But is there some way to start blank and program it like pilots must have to do in real life?Oh and one other small but unrelated question. Where's the Yaw Damper switch? I can't see it anywhere.Thanks a lot in advance, Greg McGuire.

Guest tmetzinger

Yaw Damper is in the autopilot - it's on the autopilot switch panel.The navigation depends on the operator. Some may have GPS feeding the system, others may not. Older airplanes operated by freight dogs are less likely to have GPS.The FS9 GPS (and nearly all other add-ons) do not allow you to punch in a flight plan from scratch... I pray that that's something they fix in FSX.Best wishes.