Sign in to follow this  

FS Multiplayer

Hello when i try to join someone elses ip in multiplayer i can't and when someone tries to join mine, they can not neither. I put my firewall to allow all, and even stopped it, and still nothing, does anyone know what the problem might be? I can connect to someone elses ip in Roger Wilco but when i go to see the basestations 0 servers are up?? And now i have trouble connecting to VATSIM when i want to take a flight. Does anybody know what might be wrong? I have a cable connection. Thanx. Pedro ;-) Homebase: KEWR

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

> Hello when i try to join someone elses ip in multiplayer i >can't and when someone tries to join mine, they can not >neither. I put my firewall to allow all, and even stopped >it, and still nothing, does anyone know what the problem >might be?Is your gateway the SAME machine as your Windows machine ?If not, and doing masquerading, you should do port range forwarding to make Directplay games work :Here are the ports & ports ranges i forward to my winblows host to be able to join/create directplay games sessions (so including Fs2002, cfs2 and so on...) :single ports :6667 tcp27960 udp47624 tcpports ranges :2300:2400 tcp2300:2400 udp28000:29000 tcp28000:29000 udpFor il-2 game, i added thoses ports forwarding too :21000 udp (default game setup port, may change)21010 udpBut obviously those ports forwarding (with accepting) are only needed if the machine connected to internet IS NOT your FS2002 host but a masqueraded one.If your winblows host is directly connected to the internet (ouch ! what a bad idea :)) then you should authorize incoming connections to those ports & port ranges.After setting up this, you should be able to host/join directplay sessions.Have fun.