Sign in to follow this  
Guest reyramon

LNAV and the Queen

Guest D17S

Ray, I've seen this before too. I'm sure this is old news but I always found that (somehow) I did not have a full Lnav route. Generally, either the FMC didn't like (or I didn't have) either an arrival or departure runway correctly in place. Make very sure you have RW12 (or some such) as one of the waypoints in your arrival sequence. There's gotta be a runway in there somewhere. That arrival legs page sequence can get real extended because some of the STAR arrival procedures include missed approach procedures too. (Also, maybe update your SID/STAR set from navdata or planepath? Could be messed up arrival data?) Do you have FSBuild? I use that a lot and it always gives me a usable flight plan (i.e., at least Lnav/Vnav will hook up). Also, try selecting just a Runway from the APP/DEP>APP page for the far end . . . without a STAR or even an IAP . . . just as a test flight (We really need an XB747 skin. Red with a stripe. Like that old X15! ). Generally that white, on-off-flash-of-an-Lnav-arm-indication in the FMA means that Lnav at least thinks it has an incomplete route. (BTW, thanks for letting us borrow your thread!)

Guest reyramon

well i honestly haven't a chance to do my last goal of reinstalling the queen. i've gotten the download link and will do it shortly i imagine. this does happen on every flight, it will not work from the get go. now if i use hdg sel to get to the first way point, the fmc does delete the waypoint and move onto the next waypoint as if it had navigated to it using LNAV. Generally, i usually go use routefinder to develope my flight plans and do not have fsbuild. route finder works really well for me and has never given me a problem. i've gone over my flight plans that i have entered into the fmc and search for problems or errors i created by misentering information, but that has never been the case. i have to say i am amazed by the knowledge some of you have of the navigation systems some of you have. wow. at any rate, if the reinstall of the aircraft does not work, then i'll reinstall fs9. i will let you all know how it goes. thanks again for all the help!~Rey Ramon