Sign in to follow this  
Guest Daniel Slade

747-400 Not CTD but Freezing

Guest Daniel Slade

Hi all,I have read the forum notes on the 747 CTD problems. Not sure if this one will help or if you can solve it. I have only just bought this aircraft so I think I have the lastest installer.Here we go,I start FS, load FS standard 747-400 (awfull) load my flight plan, weather (real world (NOT static)) and hit fly now. Once all is up and running, I then change to the Queen. During the setting up, my PC will freeze and the only option is it hit the reset button, re-booting and starting again.Now I think I have solved the above. I changed the real world weather settings to STATIC, and no more problems...... Until now.I have just compleated a short flight from Dublin to Birmingham, with no problems at all, landing OK taxi OK (now I have worked out the steering problem, didnt read that you need to disconnect autopilot for the nosewheel and rudder to work??) Shutdown OK. So I start shutting down all the systems so I can save the panel state, got to the IRS switches, switched 2 off and on switching the third off instant freeze.I think this is as accurate as I can make it, but if anyone has any questions just ask.Thanks for a fantastic product, I have both 737 versions and am now an avid fan of the PMDG products, one request though, PSS have realeased an inbuilt weather radar, any plans???Thanks allDaniel SladeBAW1181