Sign in to follow this  

Multiple Controllers - an interesting phenomena

Need some community expertise:Initially, I started running FS2K2 with the original Sidewinder FFBK pro, and things worked very well. This spring I installed the CH yoke and pedals and left installed the joystick. I flew like this for a couple of months with no interaction problems between the stick and yoke.Two weeks ago (with nothing intentionally changed) my plane was uncontrolable and I tracked it down to FS2K2 permitting inputs from either the yoke or stick simultaneously! Worked fine for several months. When I would select the yoke as the main controller and change screens and come back the stick would show up as the default.The only way that I have solved the problem is to "deinstall" the stick from WinXP. Works fine then, but if I reinstall the stick the same conflict shows up in FS.Wonder if anyone has experienced this and/or has a fix that permits having installed on the system both the stick and yoke.Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Permanent, elegant solution? Don't know...Band-aid solution? Set the sensitivity on the controller you are not using to lowest level; set null zone to maximum. Axes on the controller will effectively be disabled. Settings are easy enough to change when you want to change controllers.Doug Dawson

I have the CH Yoke + Pedals USB as well as my older CH Combatstick on the gameport all connected together and working fine. In order to do this, I asked Peter Dowson to add a feature in FSUIPC. Just download the latest FSUIPC and read all the documentation you'll find the section talking about multiple peripherals. It's a little bit complicated coz those are parameters to enter in the FSUIPC.INI file, and not from the menu inside FS2002...But it all works fine ! You'll also need the FS2002 controls list made by Peter Dowson as well !Hope this helps !Andr