Sign in to follow this  
Guest wvushark

LNAV and a livery question....

Guest wvushark

Hello all, Let me first start off by saying that Im new, and appreciate any help that any of you may give. Im not a pilot by any means, but more just an enthusiast that enjoys this great product. I downloaded the 737-NG last week, and have been learning all the ins and outs of this much more detialed version of the 737, and as you all know its wonderful. Im ok with the electronics, startup, and the FMC for the most part, but the problem that I can't seem to understand is successfully operating the LNAV. If I plot a simple course, say direct from Salt Lake City to LAX, and engage the LNAV, my plane won't hold course. It starts to track it, and then in a short while I get a call from ATC to turn to a certain heading to get me back on course. Is it a problem with something that I am not doing correctly in the simulator, or a problem with the FMC and air traffic control matching up?? I really appreciate any advice you have. As for the livery question, I was recently at Hartsfield Jackson in Atlanta to pick up my significant other from a business trip and I noticed some nice shiny AirTran 737's taxiing to the runway for takeoff. I really thought they were beautiful with the newwer paint scheme and wondered if anyone had attempted such a livery. I have attached a link or a website with the scheme Im referring to. I saw two types, one with the winglets, and one without.http://www.airtran.com/aircraft/737_photo_gallery.aspxThanks, and I appreciate any advice,Raymond

Guest summersleep

Hi..Try this..First enter airport dep/arv in the RTE Page of the FMC, then Runway number eg 07L then press (next page) once, then enter on the scrach pad a waypoint any will do nearby.. Press button Right 1 then add another waypoint press button Right 2 (R2) then enter des airport.. Then just press activate button(R6) THEN exec. Thats a very simple flight plan.This should work, just take off press A/P then FL CH then L NAV... It should work... Hope so.Summersleep