Sign in to follow this  
Guest quiet1

2 questions 737

Guest quiet1

ok 1 I set up for a cat III laning and when I am following my star and my intersections require me to be at a lower level it does not automatically go down , this is when I have the alt restrictions in place in my FP. Also at this time the check or reset mcp alt goes on in my FMC. Does anyone have a tutorial on Cat 3 landings? Thanks

Guest boxjockey99

OK I am little rusty on my 737 stuff following a recent conversion to the 757 but by the sounds of it you are not fully understanding the relationship between VNAV and the MCP settings:If say you reach intersection A at 5000ft then can go down to be at intersection B at 3000ft with those restrictions in the FMC then VNAV WANTS to go down BUT if you leave 5000ft in the MCP then it can't because it will NEVER decend below the selected MCP ALT setting. So once you reach 5000ft just before intersection A you need to reset the MCP ALT window to the next cleared level, in this case 3000ft. The RESET MCP ALT is a cue from the VNAV mode reminding you that you have failed to reset the MCP ALT window to the next ALT constraint. The other way to solve this is to select the lowest alt contraint in the MCP ALT window from the beginning but in the real world you cannot do that as the MCP ALT window is used to select the next ATC cleared altitude and so cannot be changed at the pilots whim unless you are cleared for the procedure in which case you are responsible for your own altitude clearance in accordance with the published procedure. There are a myriad of VNAV mode changes that I could go into but as long as you make sure the jet remains in VNAV PATH you're in good shape. All the bestKris Heslop

Guest quiet1

Thansk for the reply , one more thing OK I have my route in my fmc , say I want to skip a waypoint how do I do that? I've tried clicking on the waypoint to put it inot scratch then clicking it again but no exec comes up Thansk for any help

In the LEGS on the FMC, click the LSK for the waypoint *after* the waypoint you want to skip, and then upselect it to the LSK for the waypoint you want to skip. Then you'll have to hit EXEC I believe.-stefan