Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jock in a Frock

747-400 - Fuel Loading and Aircraft.cfg file

Guest Jock in a Frock

Hi y'all!I'm still familiarising myself with 747-400 procedures, flight planning etc, and I'm trying to clarify how the fuel loading is handled between the PMDG Load Manager, the in-game PMDG menu, and the Aircraft.cfg file.I know not to use FS9's built-in fuel loading option due to it not distributing the fuel correctly, but I think I'm seeing some discrepancies between loading the fuel with the PMDG Load Manager, and loading it through the PMDG options menu.I saw a thread here which says that the Load Manager only primes the PMDG options menu with the required fuel, which then needs to be applied to the aircraft.Can someone clarify if this is the correct procedure, or does the Load Manager alter the aircraft.cfg file before FS9 even loads?Thanks,Andy Scholes.

Guest Hawkeyeted

Andy,The Aircraft loader doesn't laod the fuel, even though there is a "tool" that appears to load it. It is used just for GTOW estimations, not actual loading. That said, your observation is correct, but it isn't a discrepancy.Fuel is loaded through the PMDG options menu within FS9.

Guest Jock in a Frock

I've just been playing around with the Load Manager, and it does load fuel, but only if you're starting a new flight from the "Create A Flight" screen, or loading the "UI Generated Flight". I have also noticed that the Load Manager fuel settings are written to the 747400Gauges.ini file in the following line:DesiredFuelLoad=382336I assume this is used to initialise the panel state when a new flight is created.Obviously loading a previously saved flight loads the panel state associated with that flight, and consequently the changes made in the Load Manager are not loaded, but the plane loads with the previous fuel quantity. However the Load Manager setting is available from the PMDG Options menu.Can one of the PMDG design team confirm this? Thanks.Andy Scholes

Guest hb1498ug

Hello friends and expertsI just have a new fuel loading problem. For a 1000nm miles flightit requires around 33 tons of fuel. After using loadmanager I confirm this amount on the PMDG/option/fuel popup by having open theFMC performance page.First it confirms me the proper 33 tons but a few sec later the amount changes to 170 tons which comes close to the max. GR.WT.and of course full loaded using the whole rwy. length.How can help to find the trouble to cause this. Several monthsof sim I never had this problem before.Thanks for response.Roger, HB1498UG