Sign in to follow this  
Guest SteveK

Load manager.

Guest SteveK

Although this is not a HUGE problem, it is something that is a bit annoying to me, and possibly to other people as well.In the 747 Load Manager, you can set the amount of fuel you have onboard. As I am sure everyone knows, this is done by means of a slider. The problem that I have is that this slider is not precise, and you are unable to insert a precise amount of fuel in the window that shows the current value.If I am making a flight plan with FSBuild, for example, it will give me an exact amount of fuel to load, including hold, taxi, and any additional fuel. Is there a way of inserting this amount into the Load Manager?The slider will get me to the closest five thousand units, lbs or kgs, but it would be nice if it could be a little more precise, if you know what I mean.Thanks for your help.

Guest SKireyev

>Although this is not a HUGE problem, it is something that is>a bit annoying to me, and possibly to other people as well.>>In the 747 Load Manager, you can set the amount of fuel you>have onboard. As I am sure everyone knows, this is done by>means of a slider. The problem that I have is that this slider>is not precise, and you are unable to insert a precise amount>of fuel in the window that shows the current value.>>If I am making a flight plan with FSBuild, for example, it>will give me an exact amount of fuel to load, including hold,>taxi, and any additional fuel. Is there a way of inserting>this amount into the Load Manager?>>The slider will get me to the closest five thousand units, lbs>or kgs, but it would be nice if it could be a little more>precise, if you know what I mean.>>Thanks for your help.>Steve--This issue has been brought up previously, and it wasn't really touched upon by PMDG staff, except for the answer that they were not planning to re-do (patch) the load manager with the new release of the F. I too had the same issue with the loader, but I find it to be easily remedied by going into the PMDG menu, and selecting the appropriate amount there. Moreover, I haven't used FSBuild but I find that with other planning programs winds aloft data is not taken into consideration, therefore negating the most precise of fuel calculations. So, if I am off by a couple of thousand pounds it would make little difference if I made left no allowance for 70 knot headwind all the way down my route. To that respect, if I fly my VA route, I use OSP to get the preferred routing, FlightSim Commander to actually program the route for the FS and QOTS, Active Sky gives me winds aloft data with a summary of wind speed and direction for the entire route at the bottom of the log. I then use a freeware fuel planner from Avsim to insert distance, weight, winds aloft, check the option for being over 475K lbs if I am, check the amount of taxi fuel, and the mandatory 24K lbs to land with, and THEN get my fuel loadout. I generally found that if I fly optimal altitudes, I get a good amount left over, since the planner doesn't take step climbs into consideration. BAW0636Cheers,

Guest SteveK

Sergey,Thanks for your answer.I just would have prefered it if there was a way of setting a more precise amount in the actual Load Manager before you load the aircraft in Flight Sim.I purely mentioned FSBuild as an example and I am very aware that there are other flight and fuel planners out there. I just prefer FSBuild, as I have downloaded a module specifically for the PMDG 747, which gives almost precise fuel burn calculations. If you have Active Sky, it will also import all weather details, including winds aloft in the actual culculations.Cheers,