Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jim49

Frame Rates

Guest Jim49

Hi Everyone,I see alot of discussion about "Frame Rates". This may sound like a dumb question, but I'm going to ask it anyhow. Here goes, I Have an ATI graphics card , how do you display frame rates?Dell XPS 400Pentium D 3.0 GHZ1 GB RmATI X600 256MB

Guest andyman

Start flying any airplane then Press shift+Z twice.

Guest bigun

Hi Jim,One thing to keep in mind though concerning framerates. DON'T get caught up in worrying about how many frames you get with one add-on vs. another. Pay attention to the "smoothness" of the simulator. Believe me when I say you can have very high framerates and still have stuuters. You can also have relatively low rates and still be very smooth. Of course there is a limit. It's tough to make a smooth landing at a crowded KJFK at 3 FPS:-lol I check my framerates only if I see a problem visually. Then I check rates to verify low rates, swinging rates etc.Be careful. Checking framerates too regularly will make hair grow on your palms and render you impotent:-cool

Guest Jim49

HI all,I would like to thank you all foe the timely responce. I will not get hung-up on frame rates, I am totally happy with the 747-400 pax and freighter. My concern is I think I am a little weak with the ATI X600 Graphics card. Any prombles I have, which I have non that are pressing, I try to deal whith myself. PMDG will never be matched by any any other vender, Again, thank you all.