Sign in to follow this  
Guest allblack

Trouble Installing? A lesson learned....

Guest allblack

Hi.There are a few posts from people who have had difficulties running FS after an installation.Yesterday I did a re-install, and when I double-clicked on the FS icon in Windows a black screen flashed up, and then nothing!After going into crisis mode, and kicking the nearest thing to me ( sorry cat!), I uninstalled the game, had a few beers, and installed it again.( At this time I remembered the Restore Point feature of XP, and briefly prayed to the Microsoft God )Anyway, I noted second time around the first disk ran to 43% of the install process, whereby the first time it asked for the second disk at 26%. I also saw that the second time around it loaded numerous .bmp files that it didn't initially.I don't know what .bmp files are, nor do I begin to understand the vagaries of PC's, but this lesson might be of interest to others.( A great win for the New Zealand All Blacks over South Africa on the weekend! )RegardsAllblack