Sign in to follow this  
Guest Foizman

PMDG 744 NAV/RAD reset (EHAM SID)

Guest Foizman

Hi folks,when starting at EHAM Schipol RWY24 for a ERNEM 1S SID, why is there no SID for EHAM availble in the 744 FMC? This hub is not that small! To all the profs out there:Would you enter the SID in the ROUTE page like this and fly it with VNAV/LNAV- EH001 N52

Guest 744nut

" how do I "reset" the manually tuned-in frequencies?"If I recall well: delete them!regardsTon

Guest Foizman

you don't say! ;-)Of cause tried to "DELETE" them: did'nt work. Couln't get away the "M"!Is this a well-known bug in the V1.1?greets,Volker

Guest Foizman

can't anybody help?1. Would you enter the SID in the ROUTE page or use some MCP-A/P actions 2. how do I "reset" the manually tuned-in frequencies?greets,Volker

"And last question: When the "hand-made SID" is over: how do I "reset" the manually tuned-in frequencies? Being next to T/C I'd prefer to see some auto-tuned VORs again..."Interesting... The DELETE is working for me. Are you in still in range of the VOR? There is a limit to the distance the FMC will use a VOR/DME or DME/DME (certainly a lot smaller limit than actual receiving range). TC is probably quite far from your departure station. Are you heading out overwater where there are no tunable stations?If everyone else is missing EHAM, then you would have to ask the guy who provides the database. Perhaps he got it from an airline which doesn't fly into EHAM?(Edit) It's probably very unlikely that crews would create their own departure routine as they can't manually program a lot of the stuff which is preprogrammed by Honeywell. Occasionally foreign airlines fly into our port with out-of-date databases. They are not supposed to use their database in this case. Perhaps they ask for vectors if the airport rules allow it.Cheers.Q>

Guest Foizman

I just checked out the 2 relevant sources and had a detailed look at EHAM.txt1. PMDG_AIO.zip, with 612 txt-files, from http://navdata.at2. PMDG_Procedures_0603.exe,with 1630 elements, from http://planepath.com/html/pmdg.html 3. by the way is there the monthly updated SID/STAR-package from PMDG-Support no longer available?In 1st EHAM.txt there is lots of more information including SIDs (and wow my ERNEM 1S SID!), in the 2nd version from planepath.com there is an EHAM.txt available, too but it is much more smaller. No SIDs found there for EHAM!So I guess the right monthly update-procedure for our Queen is:1. Install the PMDG_Procedures from planepath.com (1630 files)2. Overwrite it with the Navdata.at SID/STARS (612 more detailed files)Hence there should be the "ERNEM 1S SID" in my PMDG-FMC available too!!greets,Volker

Guest ruudpel

go to navdata.atclick on 'SID/STAR'click on 'Download'Select 'PMDG All Products'select 'EHAM (Schiphol/Amsterdam)'download Version 2 of the EHAM Proceduresthe ARNEM1S (it is ARNEM, not ERNEM) SID should be in theregood luck!

Guest Foizman

Hi unknown,as mentioned: the PMDG_Procedures from planepath.com cover 1630(!) files but they are not that detailed. Navdata.at monthly SID/STARS-file includes only 612 files but there is much more information in it, including additional STARs. So I think the optimum is to combine both sources...greets,Volker