Sign in to follow this  
Guest bruchpilot

Electrical bug?

Guest bruchpilot

Hi,yesterday I used the Failures feature and got a complete loss of electrical Bus 3. I got an Eicas warning, that Window Heat L (or was it R) was inoperative. However at the overhead panel the window heat light was still on. Is this correct?GreetingsEdgar

"I got an Eicas warning, that Window Heat L (or was it R) was inoperative. However at the overhead panel the window heat light was still on. Is this correct?"Depends on what you mean by "ON", Edgar?The Window Heat Left and Right "INOP" lightbulbs are powered by a certain section of the Master Dim and Test circuit which just happens to be powered by Bus #3... so if this is the light you are referring to, then you have found a _real world_ bug. All I can say is... Thank heavens for backup EICAS messages! ;)If you are referring to the "ON" legend, then all that is required for this to be illuminated is the switch to be pushed on (assuming power is available to the pushbutton lights (Bus #4). I don't believe the sim goes into this kind of depth, however. You could go even deeper than this and also model lightplate lighting (i.e. The lighting that lets you see the writing and graphics on the instrument panels at night).Note that there will be minor variations from aircraft to aircraft however... I'm just telling you what the wiring diagrams show for a particular aircraft in a particular airline.Hope this helps.Cheers.Q>

Guest bruchpilot

Hi,the ON light keeps on and there is no INOP light.GreetingsEdgar

Then that is correct (in real life and in the sim). :)Cheers.Q>