Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jock in a Frock

B747-400, Stick Shaker sound corrupt.

Guest Jock in a Frock

When I get into the slow end of the lfight envelope and the stick shaker starts, the sound is terrible. It's about 3 times louder than any ther effect, even drowning out the warning horn.I've played the .wav file from the AircraftPMDG747-400sound folder (PMDG747_STALL.wav), and it sounds normal through Media Player. I've even opened it in a Wave editor and it's not a loud .wav.I've re-installed the 747 and this hasn't fixed the problem. I checked the sound.cfg file and I have the following section:{STALL_WARNING}filename=PMDG747_STALLmaximum_volume=9100At forst I thought the "maximum_volume=9100" should have been 100 so I changed it but that made no difference. I've since changed it back to 9100, and I notice other sounds are also in the thousands range (WIND_SOUND = 15000).All other sounds are okay, just this stick shaker.Any ideas?Andy Scholes.

Guest andyman

Why not set off stick shaker in the first place? That's probably how it sounds, but you could open it in wave editor, and find the option for decrease volume, and not in the config. I'm afraid that stall volume option in the config refers to an actually stall and not a stall warning(stick shaker).

Guest Jock in a Frock

So tell me the name of the stick shaker .wav and I'll open it in a wave editor. I did this with the PMDG747_STALL.wav file, but that's already a very quiet file so I didn't reduce it any.Andy Scholes.