Sign in to follow this  
Guest higge

737NG shopping

Guest higge

I am interested to buy 737NG but I also own Queen.Do I have to uninstall it first and then install 737?And is PMDG version of 737 best or any other suggestions?ThanksJarkko

Guest Nasder

I think there's a FAQ and even the readme file of the 747 saying something like this.1. install 737 series2. Update 737 if needed.3. 747-4004. 747-400FSo if you got the 747, uninstall it, and reinstall it once you installed the 737.As for 737's I feel that PMDG's the best, but as for "new" 737's this is the only one I've tried. I do fully recommend the PMDG 737NG series. Even if you do own other 737's. I own earlier 737's too, the 300-500 ones. They are different planes, so flying the NG 737's is like flying a different plane. But in the end it all comes down to taste. The 737-6,700 was the first addon I bought, it was an impulse buy at a local store, I had no idea what I got myself into. But I do not regret it one bit, this was over a year ago now. And I still say it's one of my best buys so far when it comes to FS payware addons.PS, I do not claim to now how to install the 747, please check the FAQ on the support page or something like that to verify what I've said./Svante StenbergUme

Guest Clansman

>I am interested to buy 737NG but I also own Queen.>Do I have to uninstall it first and then install 737?>>And is PMDG version of 737 best or any other suggestions?Hi,To complete Svante's tips, mine are the following:- The 737 is older and less sophisticated than the 747-400/F model. But it still is firm on the top three best comercially available simulator model(*). There is a scheduled complete rewrite (I've not confirmed if it's actually a complete rewrite, but it's on a pinned forum topic) for the 737 called 737NGX for FSX.- If you intend to buy the boxed versions, know that the boxed 800/900 CAN BE USED AS STANDALONE! So if you prefer a boxed set with the bigger versions of the 737 consider buying the boxed 800/900. If, however, you also want the smaller 600/700, buying the online version would be the least expensive complement. The manuals that come in the boxes are very similar, with the 800/900' being the newer and better.- The PMDG website clearly refers to the installation order issue in several support pages (http://www.precisionmanuals.com/html/support/800.htm for example).(*): Personal oppinion based on 737NG experience, many reviews and forum comments, some free sim models, etc. I'm also considering the 747-400 Pax and F variations the same model and the remaining of the top three is the LDS767. I repeat: This is a personal oppinion.Cheers,Pedro Venda.

Guest higge

Thank you guys.I think NG is mine in a few minutes :)

Guest Traffic

You won't be disappointed. It

Guest Traffic

Forgot to mention; Make sure you get the 800/900 series if you're not planning to get the whole package as the addition of the TCAS and a few other features on the 800/900 make it well worth it.