Sign in to follow this  

OT: Intel P4's 2.53ghz for $243 USD

Guest Joshieca

Check it out...if the inguirer.net is correct, the INTEL P4 will be getting a whole hell of a lot cheaper in the next three months!! Sure am glad I waited!!...As we said earlier, Intel will introduce its Pentium 4 2.80GHz processor this quarter

Guest PaulL01

"And Intel will do far better than just release a 3GHz P4 in the fourth quarter of this year

Guest JonP01

I won't be upgrading my PIII 933 until speeds have just exceeded 5 Ghz. Then I'll get a 5 Ghz machine. Sounds like this upgrade is closer than I thought. Murphy's Law rules.

Guest Delta_747

Yes oh yes! I am looking to upgrade right around Christmas time and if that Pentium 4 3.06 is out I will be very happy! BTW what is hyperthreading?

Guest PaulL01

>I won't be upgrading my PIII 933 until speeds have just >exceeded 5 Ghz. Then I'll get a 5 Ghz machine. Sounds like >this upgrade is closer than I thought. Murphy's Law rules. If you have been watching the video card GPU races, Nvidia has been Tripling the amount of transistors every 18 months- as NV30 will be pushing 120 million on each chip!

IMHO, it is never financially wise to get the top of the line processor - go with 2nd or 3rd down... it's not THAT different.