Sign in to follow this  
Guest rjsniteflyte

Disengaging the 747 AP on landing

Guest rjsniteflyte

I hope someone can help with this one. Upon landing the 747-400 and just p[rior to taxi to the gate I'll disengage the AP and immediately get the (obnoxious) alarm. Once this happens I find it's impossible to re-engage the AP in order to shut the alram off. So,what am I doing wrong? How can I disengage the AP manually or is itautomatic? Any help would be apprecate

It will remain engaged until the pilot disengages it, by either..1. Pulling down the disengage bar on the MCP (bottom right hand corner). In the sim you can reset the aural warnings by pushing the bar back up again.2. Using the A/P disconnect switches on the control column (a so-called soft disengage). You will probably have to programme a joystick button to emulate this (using the PMDG dropdown menu). Reset the A/P disengage warning by pushing the button a second time (or you can push the disenage button twice quickly and you should get no aural warnings at all).Hope this helps.Cheers.Q>