Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

Poll. Which piece of Hardware would you choice.

If you already had the old CH Products Flight Yoke (not the Pro version) and not USB (the Joystick Port version) along with the accompanying peddels (also Joystick Port version)which piece of hardware would you buy next:CH Products USB Yoke (Pro version) or GoFlight's Landing Gear Module?Let The Games Begin.Mark McLeroy.P.S. Yes I am trying to make this decision for myself.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Neither.I'd choose one of the other GoFlight products, such as the new radio module. I find the features of the landing gear module, while impressive to look at, are not features that I MUST have to improve flight simming. Gear and flaps are very easily handled via keyboard. On the other hand, endless radio clicking can get irritating. :)However, if you really are stuck on ONLY those two pieces of hardware, I'd have to go for the yoke. The extra levers, buttons, and switches will give you more bang for your buck than (specifically) the landing gear module.Note that if you do use the USB yoke, you'll still have to leave your old yoke plugged in (with axes disabled in flightsim) so you can still use your analog pedals. I did that for the past year and it has worked well (until I finally sprung for the USB pedals).--Tony

Hi Scabbo: I already have 2 of the new radio modules on the way to me. And I plan on leaving a gamepad pluged into the joystick port. I think that should work just a well.Mark McLeroy

None. I would go to the Ch Products website and buy myself some spare parts, such as pots and springs. I too, was quite attracted to the landing gear module at first and was very serious about buying one. But if I let my head rule my heart (which it did in the end), it is clear that the module only improves the "feel" of the sim but does nothing at all convenience wise. As Tony pointed out, changing radio frequencies and avionics settings is the REAL pain in FS, unless you have external controls. I currently use my single GF-45 for NAV1. If I had any spare money for controller hardware I would continue to build up a complete GoFlight avionics suite. I don't know that in a practical sense there is much point turfing perfectly good gameport gear for USB gear, even though there are theoretical advantages. Infact if you keep adding USB module after USB module (for example, the fantastic GoFlight stuff), then you may well be very happy you decided to keep using your gameport stuff for the Yoke and Pedals.