Sign in to follow this  
Guest samrec

Please help with autopilot

Guest beans

HiI also have this problem many times and I use fl ch button to get a reasonable decent rate.I think the problem is linked to the programming of the vnav screen on the FMC.I think it's to do with the crz alt settings.I have experimented with different settings and on some occasions the decent is as text book-and on many occasions it's at snails pace .May be some body could suggest what crz alt should we put there-'cose the boxes will not take the planned crz alt-If you add 1000 etc to planned crz it goes in.also what does the 'step to'on the vnav screen mean and why does it not allow manual input.Tass

Guest samrec

I for sure will have anther go at it.But this I will venture a little further. I will be going from KMIA-KJFJ.Will post back when I get it done, hopefully tonite!

Guest samrec

Hi again all.Another flight successfull, including autolanding!Seems like the 747 FMC is way pickier than the 737 is. Although VNAV does not seems to work great for descend time FL CH does works wonders.I will still keep going on the type rate courses as soon as I get a chance to do them all. I just never clicked on the TO/GA screw ever before.Thanks guys for helping me out, you sure make enjoy this 747 product even more. It is taking me some time to get the 747 up and ready for pushback (20-30mins) but once I get all the steps burn in I'm sure it will take me less time.Thanks again for being patient with me.Looking forward to the FSX updates and new releases!