Sign in to follow this  
Guest Interceptor

PMDG 737 NG near to real life

Guest Interceptor

Hi everyone, I post this because I'm impressed with the highly accurate representation rate that PMDG 737-800 has in respect to real 737-800 cockpit.As others did before I began flying FS2000 and three years after I decided to apply for the ATPL license, now at the final training stage of my career I have been doing 16 hours of a Multicrew Cooperation Course (MCC) in a 737-800 class D simulator, the same that airline pilots use for type ratings, company trainings, etc. The simulator just looks like the same as the real aircraft, all the systems and aircraft flight performances, sensitiviness and responses are the same as in the real plane (this is why type ratings are acomplished in class D sims), as an example oxygen masks and escape ropes are also present in the simulator cockpit.For the experience aquired in the simulator I can say that PMDG cockpit is modelled just like the real plane and aircraft systems run exactly the same as the real ones. All that I wanna say is that PMDG has been a PERFECT training product for me during hundreds and hundreds of hours that I passed flying it in FS2004. Just for the rate of reality applied in the representation of the aircraft cockpit, when I was doing my first lesson in the real simulator, I don't needed to search for any switch or system because thanks to PMDG 737 I knew where was everything, this is a big goal for the team because they produced something really accurated and one of the finest products in my opinion.The only that changes from PMDG to real sim is the feeling of flight controls when the instructor enables "full motion" system wich moves all the sim like a real flight, stick shacker, and some switches wich are not present in the PMDG aircraft for the rest everything is just in place and perfect. My conclussion for that product is: this is a must have and highly recomended for everyone who's planning to fly this bird on an MCC or for a type rating, belive me, is the best way to become familiar with the 737 NG cockpit and the respective aircraft systems. For the normal user this product will be simplicily stunning as it is the closest way to fly a 737 NG on a home computer, next realism steps are only possible in a class D sim or in the real aircraft.Thanks to PMDG team for the BIG work

Guest Loiosh

I greatly enjoy hearing positive reviews like this one!

Guest gremel

I also have several hours in the real 737-700 NG simulator and can verify all the Interceptor has said about it's realism. The only real concern I have is with the "Hardware" end of the flight simulation world. The PMDG software is by far the greatest and has taught me to handle the 700 series the first time I stepped into the real one. However, the yokes / pedals need a little work. It is my understanding that Engravity along with some help from PMDG will be developing a 737 Yoke that will somewhat replicate the very hard to duplicate feeling of the hydraulics when they are actuated in the real aircraft.I have a few clips taken in the real simulator back in December. Approx. 4 hours in it flying mostly takeoff's and approaches with no autopilot so I really got the feel of the real thing. Quite different from the CH yoke.Hopefully, Engravity along with PMDG will fix the hardware end of the business which needs to be desparately attended to.Here is the website: Just click on the video's to the right..http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4260813827225496761Regards,jack

Guest gremel

I should have stated: "Click on the 'Next Video' verbage to the bottom right of the webpage"..Regards again,jack