Sign in to follow this  
Guest Twister

What's wrong with my rudder ?

Guest Twister

Hi,I'm trying to figure out what causes my rudder problems in FS2002.I am using the CH USB yoke and rudder combination and never experienced any bugs in the past.For some strange reason, the rudder stops responding after using the sim for a few minutes and the rudder control surface (on the aircraft tails) locks itself in a "full left" deflection.I use Win XP Pro. Any ideas on how to correct the problem ?ThanksTwister

Surely this is not it, but: check your autopilot is disconnected!

Guest SD Sim

Hi Twister,The default settings in XP are to allow the computer to power down the USB hubs to save power. Open the USB bus controllers in device manager and select the power management tab. There you will find the selection to disable the power saving function. If you have already done this, or this doesn't solve the problem, then the most common cause that I'm aware of is a faulty set of pedals :-(. hopefully the former will solve your problems.

Presumably you've checked your calibration, and done the same within FSUIPC if you have it.Have you recently set up Windows XP Pro? I had exactly the same problem with CH USB pedals when I changed my system from Win98SE to Windows XP - I have the Home version. My rudder kept snapping left and staying there.Firstly, try the latest drivers from CH at www.chproducts.com and the latest CH Control Manager if you do not have it. The latest stuff solves some bugs with XP.Secondly, do you have a joystick plugged in as well? If so, make sure the rudder function is disabled both on the stick and within FS2002.Let us know whether the above works before we try anything else. One thing I can advise you - it's unlikely to be faulty pedals, so don't panic yet!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest Twister

Thank you all for offering your expertise and helpful advice.I just got back home a while ago, I'll try to look into that matter later on - I will let you know how it went.Thanks again !Twister