Sign in to follow this  
Guest Leachus2002

PMDG 737-700, Problems with FMC

Guest Leachus2002

Hey Peeps,I have been flying my 737 for about 4 weeks now and I am totally loving it. I have just a couple of questions regarding the FMC though...Whenever I preform a flight, I enter all of the details for the FMC and then execute them all, which works perfectly, except the T/D setting. I noticed that whenever I am approaching my destination and I am getting near to T/D that the distance between T/D and the airport is too close and I have to dive bomb to get anywhere near. Is there any way I can change this setting to make the distance between T/D and the airport more? Also, I have set my descent speed to 283knts, so its not too excessive.Also, I was flying from EGLL to EIDW today and during the climb (with both LNAV and VNAV engaged) at approx 15,000ft, the speed dropped and the aircraft VS rate kept increasing and I ended up stalling.Could have there been a reason for this?Many ThanksMatt

Guest 102301636

hi matt,the T/d is calculated by the FMC and the only way you can 'alter' it is by setting an altitude constraint on one of the waypoints in your flight plan. As far as I know the T/D is calculated based on how long it would take to perform an econ path descent from your current altitude to the next altitude contstraint. I can't understand why you would have to 'dive bomb' on the airport. The only thing I can think of is your descent speed. The 737 is a pain to slow down and requires practice....maybe someone else can help out with a better reason?With regard your second q, was the AP engaged?What about FD? Were both engines operating normally?Were the speed brakes in down detent?The only thing I can think of is that for some reason you lost your speed (perhaps engine failure), the VS kept increasing to maintain the climb until there was insufficient airflow over the wings and hence the stall