Sign in to follow this  
Guest planeman223

Unrealistic night wing textures (737)

Guest planeman223

This evening I began trip from Newark, NJ to Paris. (Yes the 737-800 will make it). During the overnight atlantic crossing I noticed how illuminated the wings appeared. It was like the sun was shining on them at 12am. Also I have to wonder why the sky is blue at night, it should be PITCH black. It seems like the darkest fs2004 gets is about dusk. Extremly annoying if you ask me.Your thoughts when you get a chance.Alex

Guest woottsbj25

Don't know about the 737 wings, but about the FS night textures - as far as I know, FS has a number of different night textures that it uses and cycles through. Some nights the night is pitch black, others it's a reasonably light blue.If you've ever flown long haul overnight in real life, you probably noticed that often when you're cruising at 35000+ feet the sky often doesn't get completley black, especially if it's summer over where you're flying.

Guest planeman223

Is there any freeware out there that I just dont know about. Simple stuff for scenery and clouds? Can anyone suggest any good weather programs that are light on the frames?Alex